This morning’s weigh-in showed a 28-pound gain since last August, bringing me close to my November 2022 weight.
A bad cold a month ago threw off my workout routine and eating habits. Getting back on track has been challenging, but it’s not all doom and gloom.
Sure, there’s a bit of disappointment, but more than that, it’s a wake-up call. I’ve overcome similar setbacks before, so I’m confident in my ability to bounce back. This is just another step in my journey towards my fitness goals. Time to roll up my sleeves and get back to it!
What Would Seneca Say?
- Remember, what has happened is already in the past, beyond your control. Direct your energy to what you can change. Commit yourself to actions today, and every day that follows, for it is only through action that progress is made.
- Reflect on your past achievements, for you have traversed this path before. Know that success lies in a practical approach, free from the shackles of emotion. Act as you have done previously, with determination and focus.
- Embracing life’s ebb and flow is crucial. Accepting prosperity and adversity with equal calmness is a key lesson. Consider weight gain as a natural fluctuation in life’s journey, an opportunity to practice resilience and adaptability.
Note: “On the Shortness of Life” might just be the best book I’ve ever read. (buy on Amazon)
How Can We Prevent This from Happening Again?
Things tend to spiral when I stop daily weigh-ins. Had I been consistent, I might have noticed and addressed this weight gain a few weeks earlier.
LESSON LEARNED: It’s crucial to weigh myself every morning without fail.
What Are My Next Steps?
- Resume my diet and exercise routine, adhering to my established weekly targets.
- Transition to a plant-based, whole foods diet for added health benefits.